Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wikis in the Classroom

My classroom website that I use as a resource page is a wiki.  I like how easy it is to add resources, although at times I do have difficulty editing my page when the site does crazy things with my formatting.  Overall, I am very pleased with the resource as a whole.  When using the wiki to create a group project, at least while using wikispaces, it is important to note that more than one person cannot edit one page at a time.  If this happens, someone's work will be lost.  I found this to be highly frustrating while completing our group wiki.  We are adults, so we can deal with it and move on.  However, this is an important piece of information to pass along to your students.  They will not be as understanding if their work is lost.  When you have your students work together to create a wiki, make sure you plan it so they do not lose their hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment